Introduction and Acceptance
General Use of the Site
- In order to access certain features of the Site, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process, including to obtain an account to access certain sections of the Site, or as part of your continued use of the Site. You agree that any registration information you give to Universal Healthcare will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MediKredit. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of the Site through any automated means.
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Universal Healthcare Site account and password. Universal Healthcare cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible to Universal Healthcare for all activities that occur under your Universal Healthcare Site account and for the persons to whom you have granted access to your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Universal Healthcare account or password, you agree to notify Universal Healthcare immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the Site, or your Universal Healthcare Site account with or without notice.
This Site may be linked to other websites not maintained by us. We do not control and are not responsible for the content of and policies governing use of those websites not maintained by us. The inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by us of the websites or the content thereof.
Ownership, Copyright and Trade marks
All rights, title and interest contained in the Site, including all copyrights, know-how, trade marks and other intellectual property rights embodied therein, are proprietary to Universal Healthcare and are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties, including but not limited to the South African Copyright Act 98 of 1978. Unless otherwise indicated, Universal Healthcare is the owner of the copyright in the entire content (including images, data, text, graphics and look and feel attributes) of the Site and reserves all rights in that regard. Removing or altering the copyright notice on any material on the Site is prohibited. Universal Healthcare also owns a copyright in this Site as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, organization and enhancement of Site content.
Any commercial use of Site content is prohibited without the prior written consent of MediKredit. Unless otherwise specified in this Site, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish, in any form, any information, in whole or in part, found in this Site without our express written permission and such conduct may in certain circumstances make the doer liable for civil law intellectual property right infringement and subject to criminal prosecution. Unless otherwise indicated, Universal Healthcare owns all trade marks, service marks or other logos featured on the Site. Use or misuse of these trade marks, service marks or logos is expressly prohibited and may violate South African law and other applicable international treaties. Please be advised that Universal Healthcare actively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
This Site and its contents are provided "as is”. Universal Healthcare provides access to the Site as a value added service for you to access transactional details, financial information and other related information, including but not limited to remittance advices, statements, circulars and if applicable, tariff schedules. The information is provided by Universal Healthcare and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Site or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose. Any use of this Site or any reliance you place on information contained herein is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Every effort is made to keep the Site up and running smoothly. However, Universal Healthcare takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Site being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
YOU ACCEPT THAT UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, DELICT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR RELIANCE BY YOU ON INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN AND ALL SUCH LIABILITY IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
Use of the Internet
Use of the Internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. Neither Universal Healthcare nor its affiliates will be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which they do not have direct control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Updated 11 November 2016